Are you interested in understanding possible career paths in the creative industries and the cultural sector and building your network?
These two one-day workshops designed and developed specifically for M4C research students will feature a range of high-profile speakers to provide an insight into the sectors to assist with research and postdoctoral career options.
Introducing the Sector
Nottingham, 16 October 2019
- Sector definitions, trends, priorities, opportunities and challenges
- How the sector is funded
- The types of jobs you might want to consider in these sectors
- The realities of working with creative and cultural organisations and tactics for collaboration
Leveraging your PhD
Birmingham, 3 December 2019
- Pitching your PhD for creative industries and cultural sector jobs
- Key skills, experience and attributes needed by the sector
- Hacking job applications
- Panel discussion about top tips for applications, CVs and interviews