M4C is delighted to offer three new internal placements working with the M4C Central Team. This placement is for a student to work on developing external website update and contributing to the broader M4C communication strategy. It is a brilliant opportunity to gain core skills and experience in digital marketing.
The purpose of this placement is to support the M4C team with a review and update of the current content of the M4C website and associated marketing. The website needs refreshing to make the site more engaging and informative.
The placement holder will work with the M4C team, current M4C researchers, M3C Alumni, supervisors and partner organisations to:
- Develop new and engaging content for the M4C website, newsletter and social media channels.
- Source material for researcher stories and profiles which promote the breadth of M4C research activity to potential M4C applicants, the M4C universities and partner organisations.
- Add new images, videos and blogs to the website.
- Create new content which develops the website beyond an information platform.
- Bring to life stories of M4C research researcher journeys which add interest and impact.
- Investigate how more effective reporting from M4C events and training can be collected and presented to raise awareness and engagement with future DTP activities.
- Design content which can be used in reports for the AHRC.
As part of the placement, the successful candidate could also gain experience of the broader HE employment sector, which may include work shadowing of other roles within the University of Nottingham and/or attendance at relevant meetings and training.
The ideal candidate will be an effective communicator, able to craft engaging narratives and stories. You will need to be able to liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of stakeholders. Good copywriting skills are essential.
Additional useful skills include:
- Knowledge of different social media platforms
- Experience of using basic multimedia editing software, or a willingness to learn
- Research skills.
- Work autonomously.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365, including Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to manage deadlines.
- Ability to think creatively and problem solve.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Practicalities and How to Apply
The placement will be offered on a part-time basis (c. 2days a week) for up to 3 months full-time equivalent (60 days). The majority of the placement will involve remote working, with occasional in-person days at the M4C Central Team office at the University of Nottingham. If preferred, the placement could operate remotely. The duration and working pattern will be agreed in discussion with the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will be able to apply for up to £1400 in travel expenses and for an extension to their stipend equivalent to the duration of the placement (where applicable).
To apply, please send a CV and short statement (max 300 words) outlining why you are interested in the placement and why you think you’ll be a good fit to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17:00 on the 25 April.