Question and answer session with members of the editorial board of the journal Midland History, based at the University of Birmingham.
At this webinar, members of the editorial board of Midland History would be delighted to be joined by those M4C students who would like to find out more about how to successfully submit their work to an academic journal, AND/OR enter Midland History’s annual essay prize competition.
Here is the link to the Eventbrite page https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/midland-history-meet-the-editors-how-to-submit-your-research-tickets-717140575767?aff=oddtdtcreator
We would like students to register so that we have an idea on numbers.
Meet the Editors: How to Submit your Research to an Academic History Journal (Midland History)
Professor Andrew Hopper (Chair), Dr Imogen Peck and Dr James Doherty (Co-Editors) and Justine Pick (Administrative Editor) and other members of Midland History editorial board will offer advice and tips to help get your reserach published.
- 1pm: Introduction: Midland History Journal and Meet the Editorial Team
- 1.15pm: Getting published with Midland History (advice from team on what makes a good article) with Q&A to follow
- 2.00pm: Demystify the publication process – submission, peer review, production
- 2.15pm: Midland History Essay Prize Competition – details on how to enter
- 2.30pm: Final Q & A session
This event will be delivered online via Zoom meetings (not webinar), the meeting details will be sent two days and again two hours before the event starts.