Songs Before Unknown - Isaac Watts and the Dynamics of Protestant Worship in Enlightenment
Johnson, Daniel, "Isaac Watts' Hymnody as a Guide for the Passions," English Literature, no. 5 (Dec 2018)
- The Biennial Conference of the Christianity and History Forum, April 2017, The Psalmody of Isaac Watts.
- Integrating Theology and Contemporary Worship, London School of Theology, July 2017, Ancient Hymns for the Modern Church: Lessons from the Life and Legacy of Isaac Watts
- Church, Music, and Worship, Durham University, April 2018, Isaac Watts' Liturgical Theology of Congregational Worship
- British Society for Eighteenth Century Studies, Oxford, January 2019, Isaac Watts' Hymnody as a Guide for the Passions.
- Australia and New Zealand Association for Medieval and Early Modern Studies, University of Sydney, February 2019, Isaac Watts and the Boundaries of Trinitarian Orthodoxy in Dissenting Hymnody.
- Society for the Study of Theology, Warwick, April 2019, Hymns as Historical Theology
- Integrating Theology and Contemporary Worship, London School of Theology, July 2019, Hymnody and Divine Interaction: Passions in the Hymns of Isaac Watts
- Ecclesiastical Historical Society, Leicester, November 2019, Hymnody and Hermeneutics
- British Society for Eighteenth Century Studies, Oxford, January 2020, Tis His Hand that Hides my Sun: Suffering and Providence in the Hymns of Isaac Watts
- Society for Christian Scholarship in Music, Baylor University, February 2020, Hymnody and Hermeneutics: Scripture, Covenant, and Typology in the hymns of Isaac Watts
Public Engagement & Impact
Alongside my PhD research, I am Head of Worship Studies at Nexus ICA (www.nexus-ica.co.uk) where I teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses. I am also a Visiting Lecturer for London School of Theology.
I have had the following article published for Christianity Today:
Other Research Interests
My research interests are:
Early Modern Protestant history and theology
The history and practice of hymnody
Contemporary Christian worship